Why Become a Producer with Dakota Fresh?
Membership in Dakota Fresh takes the work of sales, marketing, delivery and invoicing off your plate so you can focus on production!
Easily list your products for sale through our online marketplace. You may list wholesale, retail or both! Inventory management is a breeze, and you’ll need only harvest what you’ve sold.
Marketing / Delivery
Our skilled sales team will promote your products to new and long-standing customers, and our careful delivery staff will ensure your products get to their destination.
Our ecommerce system and finance team take care of invoicing, collections and paying producers for sales each month.
You’ll be part of a group of other new and experienced producers who share the goal of promoting healthy, sustainably-grown, local food to our region.
How Does it Work?
- Each week, list your currently available products on the website.
- You’ll be notified as soon as orders take place, and at the close of the order period you’ll receive a pick ticket showing you what was ordered.
- Our delivery staff will work with you to pick up the product and deliver it to customers.
- Get paid each month for your sales. That’s it!
How Do I Join?
Our food hub is structured as a producer-owned LLC with all members retaining equal ownership. Becoming a producer with Dakota Fresh requires:
- A signed operating agreement and unanimous vote of the membership.
- A monetary investment and annual fee. Dakota Fresh also receives a percentage of each sale.
- Attendance at our annual meeting in January and at least one other quarterly meeting.
- Adherence to our membership criteria which includes sustainable food production practices such as using non-GMO feed and seeds and no chemical pesticides.
- A farm visit by our manager or a board member.
- Completion of farm food safety training in the first three years of membership and development of a farm food safety plan in the first five years of membership.
Contact us to request a copy of our operating agreement for more details! Once you’ve signed on as a member, our manager will help you set up an account, and you’re ready to start selling!
Dakota Fresh has been an asset to us for all of our McKennan locations. Because of Dakota Fresh, we are able to offer our patients and guests a local & sustainable option, without any hindering to our foodservice staff. It is extremely convenient to order fresh product at the beginning of the week, and have it delivered at the end of the week. We get daily remarks from our customers telling us how much they love the local components to our food service department! Thank you Dakota Fresh for helping us provide the best quality services to our patients and guests!Nicholas Skajewski
Dakota Fresh has given me the opportunity to work with others who also believe in the value of sustainable growing practices & community based food systemsLisa Smith
There is nothing like knowing where your ingredients are coming from. My customers love that they are enjoying locally sourced food and helping their local farms at the same time. I love the service and the convenience of ordering and delivering. It made my life easier.Sanaa Abourezk