These chocolate zucchini muffins are a wonderful way to use up all that fresh zucchini! Moist, chocolatey, delicious muffins that everyone will love!
Make these chocolate zucchini muffins healthier by using half whole wheat flour and decreasing the granulated sugar to 1/4 cup. They will still be moist, chocolatey, and delicious, but a bit healthier – although obviously not as sweet so keep that in mind if you want a bakery style muffin.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch process)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini, drained.
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the prepared muffin tin until the cups are 3/4 full and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin, then remove the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
Nutrition Information is estimated based on ingredients used and may not be exact.
As always, our ordering is open from 8 am Monday until 6 pm Tuesday evening. Find your local greens, edible flowers, veggies, teas, honey, dairy, free range eggs, grass fed meats online at dakotafreshllc.com. Our products non-GMO and grown with sustainable practices all in one convenient spot, with an easy Thursday pickup @stenslandfamilyfarms ice cream shops in Sioux Falls and @bozieds in Brookings.