Chicken soup with parsnips is the perfect way to warm yourself on a chilly day. Easy, one pot meal that is ready in no time.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup thinly diagonally sliced parsnip 2 parsnips
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallots 2 shallots
- 1 4-ounce package gourmet mushroom blend
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chickpeas garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded skinless boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 thyme sprig
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add parsnip, shallots, mushrooms, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth and next 7 ingredients (through thyme); bring to a simmer, and cook 10 minutes or until parsnips are tender. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.