- 1 Banana Squash (or a few smaller squash of your choice), halved, seeded, and ends chopped
- 3-4 Tbl olive oil
- 3 c. cooked quinoa (I cooked mine in veggie broth)
- Juice of 1 lemon (add a little zest for extra flavor)
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 c. pecans (thinking of toasting these in the skillet for a few minutes next time so they maintain more crispiness)
- 1 c. raisins
- Sage, 1 Tbl. fresh or 1 tsp. dried
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- optional veggie cheese of choice to sprinkle on right before serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rub 1-2 Tbl olive oil onto flesh of halved squash. Rub in salt and pepper (to taste). Lay flesh down on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes (30 for smaller squash.)
While it bakes, add 2 Tbl. olive oil, onion and celery to skillet. Cook until softened and shimmery. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. In a large bowl toss apple with lemon juice. Add quinoa, pecans, raisins, sage and sauteed celery and onions.
Pull the squash out of the oven, flip over and fill with quinoa stuffing. Cover with foil and bake for another 30-45 minutes, or until flesh is soft in the center.